Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Black Tee

I was on a rowing macine upstairs at the Y on Thursday when a burley twenty-something walked by on the track. He was wearing a black tee-shirt with some kind of slogan about Obama on the back. I couldn't make it out the first time around. On his second lap I could see the slogan clearly: Obama Kills Babies.

I immediately got off the rowing machine and walked up to the guy.

"I just want you to know that your tee-shirt represents one of the things that make this country great," I said. "We all have the right to freely think and proclaim whatever we choose to believe in no matter how FUCKING STUPID IT IS."

That isn't entirely true. There was a guy in an offensive tee-shirt, but I'm stretching the truth a bit about the rest. I never actually got off the rowing machine, but I did mutter "Moron" under my breath several times as he passed by.

I was still on the machine rowing my interminable four miles when I noticed the creep walking out of the Y and down the steps to the back parking lot where his huge four door pickup awaited. I don't have anything against huge pickups. But why is it that young republican assholes seem to be a major marketing demographic for Ford 350's and the like? The truck seemed to be brand new. The fact that he hadn't had time to install a rear mounted gun rack was a pretty clear indicator of a recent purchase. And more to the point, there were no bumper stickers. Not even a "My Kid Beat Up Your Honor Student" emblazoned on the tail gate.

I could imagine the guy four-wheeling home to change clothes for work. I picture him carefully folding his Obama tee-shirt and placing it on a hanger right next to the "I'll Work For Pussy" tee he wore out for drinks the previous night.

3 comments:

Karin B (Looking for Ballast) said...

"I picture him carefully folding his Obama tee-shirt and placing it on a hanger right next to the "I'll Work For Pussy" tee he wore out for drinks the previous night."

*SNORK*

Rip the guy a new one while you are at it, lol! :D

Yeah. This is one of the best things about living where I do: I just don't have to face this brand of idiocy anymore. Sure, France has its own idiots, but nothing quite stands up to a guy in that kind of a tee-shirt. I'm all for the First Amendment, so I am with you in begin glad that the tee exists on those grounds. But when I read that first paragraph of yours I actually got a little nauseous.

It's really just very, very sad.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chris starkey said...

Hilarious!