Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Happy, Happy, Happy

Willa used to chant that whenever she was feeling good.

I'm thinking it is time for a happy list.  I like making lists.  I like assigning lists.  It is an easy way to write, kind of like doing improv.  You don't have to organize by anything other than instinct.  You think of something; you slap it down.  The order isn't important.  It is Christmas Eve morning, Willa's eighth birthday.  Katherine is here in the office printing cards.  And I'm at the keyboard, a familiar scene.

Here are the things that make me happy in no particular order.

-As long as I already mentioned it, Katherine printing cards in the office, a familiar scene.

-The thought of Willa being eight years old.

-Watching Sammi lead the chorus onto the stage at Havern during the Christmas Program.

-Being able to pick out Sammi's voice whenever the choir sang.

-Watching Brooklyn dance in HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS.

-Knowing that Chris has made that show happen for going on a decade.

-Being able to see Brooklyn dance on my iPhone.

-Jaydee getting out of the car in her Grinch outfit, the one that Anna Cash made for her.

-The fact that Jaydee is going to do an overnight at Autumn's.

-Willa's absolute thirst for knowledge and her retention of information.

-The way Willa shivers with anticipation.

-Being proud that Chris donated the profits from HFTH to a cast member whose little boy has cancer.

-Being even prouder that Brooklyn organized the elves in HFTH to donate a portion of their pay.

I do have three non-family items making me happy.

-Governor Polis, his decisiveness, and seeming ubiquitousness.

-The thought that Cory Gardner might lose this next election.

-The idea of President Trump studying wind.

No comments: